Dedicated to St Theresa of the Child Jesus (1873 – 1897), a French Carmelite Sister, the Church is placed in the spiritual tradition of being rested in the lives and thought, both of St Theresa and the earlier Carmelites St Theresa of Avila and St John of the Cross.
The Parish and Headstone Lane is situated in the Harrow Deanery. It was founded in 1953 by Cardinal Bernard William Griffin. Before the Church was built, Parishioners went to Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes Convent, which is now Sequoia Park. The First Parish Priest was Fr. James Woodward who was with the Parish for 22 years. Parishioners worked hard in the beginning.The Church was built without a hall, which made it hard to get functions going, so it meant bazaars and dances were held in St.Theresa’s school hall, now Morrisons Supermarket.Parishioners carried urns, teapots etc. down the Uxbridge Road!