Adding markers to the map ...
Sir John McDougal Gardens

Sir John McDougal Gardens

620 0 1 0 0

Local Authority

Location

Address
66 Billingsgate Market
Postal Code
E14 3ST
Local area
City
Main city or town, IE London

Dating from the middle of the 20th Century the park was named after Sir John McDougall, a local member of the London County Council (LCC).  He was also a member of the famous flour milling family, who owned a factory on the south east quay of Millwall Outer Dock from 1869 until it closed in 1982.
The park was redesigned in the late eighties by the London Docklands Development Corporation when the ground level was bought up to the top of the river wall which allows a view of the river.  The park is linked by a footbridge to the blocks of flats across Westferry Road.

Map

Swap Start/End