Harrow Recreation Ground opened in 1885, the land purchased as a result of fund-raising initiated by one of the Masters at Harrow School. Laid out with facilities for sports clubs and 4 areas for public recreation, the park has long been associated with Harrow St Mary's Sports Club and Harrow Bowls Club, the latter founded in 1902. Original wrought iron gates are found at a number of entrances.
Harrow Recreation Ground is located near to the centre of Harrow with entrances from Cunningham Park, Beresford Road, Roxborough Road, Pinner Road and Hindes Road. Car parking is available at the Roxborough Road entrance. Facilities in the park includes football pitches, cricket squares, bowling green, children's play area, basketball court, tennis courts and a sensory garden.